Pilates has wonderful benefits for women at any stage of pregnancy and motherhood. The focus on developing core strength makes Pilates and pregnancy a great match. It is possible to work right up to your due date! Our trainers will continually modify each session as your body changes and your pregnancy progresses. Pilates is also an excellent way to recover your core and realign your body postpartum.
Pre- and post-natal Pilates can offer the following benefits:
- Relieve lower back strain
- Ease fatigue
- Relieve strains of pregnancy posture
- Prevent varicose veins, leg swelling, and incontinence
- Maintain flexibility and strength
- Increase stamina for the birthing process
- Increase blood flow and oxygen to your baby
- Recover abdominal strength and toning
- Relieve upper body tension from carrying the baby
- Quickly regain strength and energy
Please make sure your physician has cleared you for exercise before beginning your pre- and post-natal sessions.